International Student Program
The Wilberforce School at a Glance
- Private school in Princeton, founded in 2005
- Small class size (average 15 students) with exceptional academic standards
- Advanced curriculum that is taught one grade level ahead
- All Upper School classes are taught at an honors or AP level
- Excellent SAT and ACT scores, higher than national and regional averages
- English language immersion and one-on-one ESL support
- Study alongside American students in every class
- Advanced STEM and MATLAB classes, taught by former NASA researcher
- Support throughout the college application process
- 100% matriculation at four-year colleges
- Fine arts built into the core curriculum for all grade levels
- International enrollment limited to 10 percent of class siz
- Beautiful campus, including grounds for track, cross country, basketball, swimming, and more
- Exceptional after-school programs, including STEM, debate, music, and more
- Ever-increasing selection of student-led extracurriculars
- International students are welcome to participate in all of the same activities as our domestic students
- Located minutes away from Princeton University
- Easy access to airports (PHL: 50 minutes, JFK: 90 minutes)
- Close proximity to New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington,DC
- Short commute to Columbia University, New York University,University of Pennsylvania, Rutgers University, and many other prominent institutions
The Wilberforce School is not a boarding school; Wilberforce international students live with relatives or host families from our school community. Host families provide a “home away from home” for our international students.
- All host families undergo a thorough application process, including criminal background checks, to ensure that students are in a safe and caring environment.
- Host families provide meals and transportation to school and extracurricular activities.
- Host families support their students’ academic success.
- Host families treat the student as a member of their family.
- Host families are matched with Wilberforce students close to the age of their own students.
- The Wilberforce School supervises arrangements frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the deadline for applying?
- Does Wilberforce require any entrance exams?
- How does Wilberforce conduct student interviews?
- Does Wilberforce offer ESL?
- How do I apply?
- How much is international tuition?
- How many international students are there in every class?
Yes, international students are required to take the Upper School entrance exam, which includes math, writing, and ESL competency. The exam may be taken remotely. We also ask to see a TOEFL score if you have already taken it. Please contact the Admissions Director for more information.
We are happy to schedule an in-person interview and a campus tour, or to offer a Skype interview at a convenient time. Students will be asked questions regarding their interest in studying abroad, interest in Wilberforce school, and academic and extracurricular strengths. Students and parents will also have an opportunity to ask their own questions during the interview.