The Wilberforce School desires to admit students who are academically qualified and whose families believe in the mission and philosophy of the school regardless of their financial situation. Applicants who demonstrate financial need will be considered for financial aid by The Wilberforce School Financial Aid Committee.
Please note: New families applying to Explorers One are not granted aid due to a limited number of funds.
How to Apply
To apply for a scholarship, please follow Financial Aid steps outlined below. If you need further information, please contact our Admissions Office.
- Complete the confidential FACTS Grant & Aid Application
- The Wilberforce School subscribes to FACTS Tuition Aid. Based on the information parents submit in the FACTS Application, FACTS provides the school with an independent, confidential assessment of a family’s ability to pay for educational expenses.
- To complete the application online, visit the FACTS website and follow the directions. Wilberforce School zip code: 08540.
- Send in any supporting materials requested by FACTS
- Even if you complete the application online, FACTS requires that the application be verified by applicants' tax records.
- Please be sure to send in all of the documents requested by FACTS by the date requested. Neither FACTS nor the school will be able to offer financial aid without these documents.
- See this Explanatory Note about Supporting Tax Documents.
- Financial Aid Decision
- Wilberforce uses the FACTS assessment, as well as an assessment of the school’s own resources, to make a final decision about the level of financial aid offered by the school.
Note Regarding Expectations and Policies
School resources for financial aid are limited, and we are not always able to provide the amount of financial aid that a student or family requests. Family requests and school resources are reassessed each year.
Please take note of our Admissions Calendar to view financial aid due dates. If possible, we request you submit applications earlier than the deadline to expedite the process of assessing financial need and scholarship availability.
The Wilberforce School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally made available to students at the school. The Wilberforce School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship programs, or athletic and other school administered programs.